Thursday, August 30, 2012

An August weekend: Mahogany Market Breakfast

Some kind of wonderful--  Breakfast.

Last August 4-5 was a trip to Tagaytay and the Taal Heritage Town.  Abner wanted to take me to the Sta. Lucia Wells near the Our Lady of Caysasay Shrine; and to the Tierra de Maria in Tagaytay for their healing mass.  Work has taken its toll on me and I really don't know how I'm feeling recently.

I'm off from work at 8pm and only just started packing that Friday night.  He fetched me at around 5am and off we went.  Abner was all excited about going to the Mahogany Market in Tagaytay.   From Aguinaldo Highway, we swerved right to Mahogany Avenue.  Hmmm.. doesn't look like a place where you'll expect a market to be. If you don't watch for it, you'll definitely miss it. 

The place reminds me of a smaller, one sided Tiendesitas food court.  There were tables and chairs in front of each of the food stalls, each having their own color and character.  We parked right next to the court.  It's already drizzling, and you'll then hear calls like, "Kain kayo?", "Kain dito!", "Ma'am, Sir, bulalo, masarap, mainit!".  We had Sinigang na Tulingan, Papaitan, and kapeng barako.  I've never tasted coffee this good!



This was heaven! Kapeng barako plus the saltiness of the tulingan, and the bitter-sour taste of papaitan with patis, calamansi, and siling labuyo! I can't stop talking about how I loved the coffee. After breakfast, we took a quick detour of the market in search for my treasured barako. We got a kilo for 110 Php. Abner insisted on haggling. I told him, "Teka, ngingitian ko pa so kuya!". Well, it didn't work. hehe. But I'm still happy.


We never got to check the prices of the vegetables in the market. It was starting to rain and we decided to go. Our next stop. Taal Heritage Town.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...