Thursday, August 30, 2012

Of Batangas Balisongs and Buli's

Aug. 4, 2012.  We are now headed back to Tagaytay, but not without going to Abner's ultimate dream: Barangay Balisong.  We sort of got lost looking for it, but instead passed by a sign that made me jump off my seat.  I just got to take a picture of that!!!


Buli in is one of the baranggays in the municipality of Taal. Incidentally, buli, pronounced as boo-li', means 'ass', 'butt' in Cuyunin, Palawan's native language. I got to reminisce expressions while growing up, like, "buru imong buli", or "imong buli", or "ngitit imong buli!". Hahaha. This is gong to be a real hit with my family, while I went ahead and clicked on 'Share' and posted the picture on FB via my BB. Abner's giving me 'the face', probably wondering why I'm so hyper. Hahaha!

Anyway.. even without the 'Welcome' signs, you'll know you're in Baranggay Balisong when you start to see stalls along the road in displaying these shiny blades in glass cases. The 'balisong' also known as a butterfly knife, fan knife is a folding pocket knife with two handles counter-rotating around the tang such that, when closed, the blade is concealed within grooves in the handles.




They come in different sizes, from a pretty cute size for a keychain (No it can't cut. It just cleans your nails); to the traditional veinte y nueve because they are 29 centimeters long when opened daw, to a really biggie one.

FB check. Ooohh! 10 comments and 13 likes for my 'Buli' picture.  Nice!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...